Monday, May 02, 2005

Prayer For the Week

I like to take Monday Mornings and Pray for the week ahead. There's a lot going on this week and many, many issues to pray about... I need to start praying long and hard about being a good dad and step dad. I've got to strike a good balance between being a provider and a mentor and leader. It seems I'm spendingall my time working on providing and not as much quality time with the family as I would like. I just started reading a book by noted Family Life author Dennis Rainey called improving Your Parenting. Monica bought us several books from that series to study together.

Speaking of Monica, I need to step up my prayers for her as well. She's going in to her seventh month of pregnancy this week. I'm so grateful Men can't get pregnant...! And I just want to be as loving and supportive of her as I can be at all times. She's doing the best she can to be a good mom and wife and that's a hard enough job as it is without being on the verge of delivering a baby. I love her very, very much...!

I haven't heard from my sister in about 3 days. We try to keep up with each other just about every day so I pray for her and her family. There's always something going on at her house. I pray for their salvation. And for my brothers John and Stanley, too. I wish we were closer. But mostly I pray that they come to Know the Lord Jesus as their personal savior.

I pray today for my Father and Mother in Law. What a blessing they are. I pray for their health and safety and that my relationship with them continues to grow.

I pray for Connor that he is doing well dealing with the loss of his daddy. He seems fine, but I just want to constantly bathe him with healing prayers.

I have lots of things going on at work to pray about. I need to market my summer programs, and finish the Kingwood tournament. I still have a lot of work to do in the proshop... But I suppose it will all get done in due time.

Any way, That's what's on my heart this morning. That's what I'll be praying about this week. And I'll be finishing my study about Dr Stanley's knowing the Will of God series, too.

Thanks for reading my prayer journal. I urge you to take some time and map out your prayer requests and plot your prayer strategy for the week. Pray at all times every chance you get.

I'd like to close this little commentary with a scripture quote that was used at the beginning of Dennis Rainey's book: Improving Your Parenting.

"Unless the Lord builds this house, it's builders labor in vain.... Psalm 127:10

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for the good, productive week that has just passed. You are such an Awesome Provider, Lord. Thank You for my blessings. Father, help me to rely more on You and less on me. It seems I am constantly spinning my wheels being busy. Help me carve out more family time. Help me to be the awesome dad you've called me to be. Help me to be the best husband to Monica and the best brother and son in law I can be. I want to give my absolute best in everything I do, Lord.

Father God, I pray for my sweet wife Monica this morning. I Lift her up to You, Lord. I pray for a healthy pregnancy. I pray for her rest. I pray for her emotional and spiritual state, Lord. I pray that I am a source of comfort and strength and help to her at all times.

Lord Jesus, I pray for Connor today. Deepen our relationship, Lord. I know You have great things planned for Connor. I realize I have been given the great privilege of raising Connor up and I want to do right by him. Help me to be what I need to be for him: A leader, a mentor, a friend...

Father God, I pray for my family out in the world. My brothers and sister, my parents in law... Lift them up, Lord. Guard them and keep them safe. Bless them, Lord. I also pray for Connor's Daddy's family. For Brian's Mom and Dad and brothers and aunts and uncles. I pray for Your richest blessing to be bestowed upon them. I pray for healing comfort and grace for the Copeland Family, Lord.

And Dear Lord, Thanks You for my job and career. Help me to be organized and a good steward of my time. Bless my students Lord. Bless my projects. Let my Christian Witness in my industry be strong.

Lord God I just Love You. I worship and praise You. I offer this day to You Lord. I pledge to serve You and do Your will today, My Lord and King.

In Jesus' Name I pray,

Amen.

2 comments:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Sam, I make reading your prayer journal and personal journal a part of my dialy schedule...right after breakfast. You quoted one of my favorite verses from Psalms. I always knew that if a church I enter belongs to God, I would recognize His hand in its spirit.

Coach Sam said...

Thanks Judy... I love the Psalms. I'm trying to read a little from Psalms every day...!