Thursday, December 29, 2005

Rediscover Your Calling

My Title today speaks to Believers who have walked with Christ for some time but may currently be in a 'spiritual slump'. We all get there from time to time. Sometimes we don't even know it.

I've known that I've been in a slump for some time now. I've been up and down spiritually the past few months. Today's Dr Stanley devotional really touched me deeply. It was direct and to the point. And I feel like a light bulb has just gone off in me.

His devotion was based on Ephesians 2: 8-10. This is the verse that equates life to a track and field event. -It doesn't matter how we start, it's that we end well that matters. Back when I accepted Christ He didn't take me straight up to heaven. He gave me the spiritual gifts of intercessory prayer and encouragement. Then He gave me a ministry of teaching tennis. He expects me to use my gifts to touch lives in a tennis setting to fulfill my ministry. Recently he has given me a wife and family. (another ministry)

I am 40 years old. Who knows how many more years I have left? (Only God.) I've probably already lived at least half my life. I'm entering the last half of my life now and my challenge is to finish well. My prayer life has been very inconsistent as of late. If I'm to finish well I need to better job with prayer.

I have some questions for my readers today: Do you know what Your spiritual gifts are? What is your calling, or your ministry? Where are you in your spiritual life...? Have you just started the race or are you rounding the home stretch...? How have you done in the race so far? Have you slowed down...?

....Well get back in there and pick up the pace!

My encouragement today is to finish strong. Make a difference in other's lives. Start your day with prayer. Finish your day with prayer. And connect with God through out the day in prayer.

A life time of tennis has taught me that to be good at something you have to practice. If You want to be good at tennis You need to practice tennis. If You want to excel at tennis you need to practice diligently every day, more than once a day.

If You want to excel in Life: Practice Prayer.



Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, I have strayed. I have become caught up in the busyness of life once again and forgotten what's most important: My relationship with You. Father forgive me. I do want only to serve You. I praise Your Name Jesus. You have done marvelous, wonderful deeds in my life and the lives of those around me. I understand You have been doing marvelous deeds since the dawn of time....

Father God, You are my Everything. My life is nothing without you. I Love You, Lord. I pray today that You continue to renew my spirit and that others get a sense of the excitement I feel being in this close personal relationship with You, my Lord and Savior.

Lord I trust in You. And I give You back one of the most precious commodities You have given me: Time. And I pray that I continue to put You first in my life. Lord, don't ever let me be 'too busy to pray...'.

I know that when I place You first on the agenda that everything else falls into place. Lord, You are Number One...! I thank You and praise You for my many blessings. Lord I lift up Your Holy Name. You are the Almighty God, the Everlasting Father, The King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

I pledge my allegiance, my loyalty, and my life to You, Jesus. And in Your Holy Name I Pray, AMEN.

No comments: