Friday, January 04, 2008

First Friday Of Thanks This Year

Today is the First Friday of the New Year...! Yea. I normally reserve Fridays for Thanks and Praise and Worship. I try to keep petitioning down on Fridays. There's plenty of time the other six days of the week to ask God for help. While I know that God can't get 'tired out', I just want to have a different attitude on Fridays. I am honoring the phrase: 'Thank God it's Friday...'



Dear Lord God in Heaven,


You are the incredible Author of Life. You are the creator of everything we can see, touch, taste, and hear. You created us in Your own image. You have feelings just like we do. Well Father God, just out of the blue yesterday I was riding in the car with my two and a half year old son and he said, 'I love You, Daddy'. -And my heart just melted...


I just want to say that to You this morning. I love You, Lord. I am so grateful for what You have done for me and for what You have done for mankind throughout the ages. I acknowledge that You sent Your son to suffer and die on the cross for my sins. What an amazing act of love and compassion! The bible says that there is no greater love than to lay down ones life for another. Wow...! That just gives me shivers...! I would lay down my life for others but it would be extremely difficult for me to lay down Elijah's Life. I don't think I could do it.

But You willingly gave Your son, Jesus. Thank You Lord. For loving me and loving mankind so much to do such a thing. And I do love You right back, my King. I live for You, Lord. I give this day to You, and pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen...!

No comments: