Thursday, February 21, 2008

Seeking God...

Is anyone feeling as rushed as I am today? Wow... I can't ever remember a more hurried, busy day than today. I have so much to do and so little time to do it in... My day is already off to a 'conflicted' start.

You see, I normally awaken early in the morning and the first thing on my mind is how much I love God, then I spend time in prayer just thanking God for blessing me and giving me another day to impact the world. Sadly, this morning I awakened and instead of thinking about God First, my mind was preoccupied with work. What's going on here? Have I gone crazy? This reminds me of the lyrics from an old Rich Mullins song entitled: ‘If I Stand’… Does anyone remember that song? The lyrics from that song that come to mind are: ‘The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the giver of all good things…’ This is exactly what’s happening to me this morning. The enemy is waging war against my thought life big time today!

In that song Rich’s chorus gives us the answer to our problem: ‘…If I stand let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through. And if I can’t let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you…!’ I know God will pull me through this period of ‘busyness’ but I definitely need ‘grace’ this morning. HELP...! I need encouragement!

No comments: