Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holy Week....

What is Holy Week...?

For Christians Holy Week is an observance of the last days of Jesus Christ leading up to His Crucifiction, Death, and Ressurection.

What is the significance of Holy week to me? Hmm.... As I ponder this question, I am ashamed when I think of how many Holy Weeks I have let pass me by in my life time without my having grown any spiritually closer to the Lord.

Well, -2008 is going to be different!

If you Believe in God and if you love Jesus, then Holy Week IS HUGE! (or at least it should be...)

I want to spend the remainder of this week really exploring Holy Week and what significance each day has to me, and I want to share this with my family, especially Connor and Elijah. I want this to be an Easter Season to be remembered!

To Be Continued...


Dear Heavenly Father,

Today is Holy Thursday. Wow, on this day a little over a couple of thousand years ago You sat down to your last meal on earth with Your disciples. Oh, I can't imagine what must have been going through Your mind, Lord.

Father God, let me just thank You for loving me so much that You went through an unspeakable ordeal on my behalf. I am blown away by that. Lord I have let too many Holy Weeks pass by without any consequence. I pray that this Holy Week will be significantly different. Lord help me to share with others, especially Connor and Elijah, how important the Easter Season is...


I believe that every Easter Season of our lives should draw us into a closer walk with You. Thank You for impressing that concept on me tis morning and convicting me for my lack of spiritual growth over the years!

I love You Lord. You have truly rescued me. Jesus I lift up my family to You today. I especially lift up Monica who has an art class this morning. And I pray these things in Your precious holy name, Jesus Christ,

Amen

No comments: