Monday, August 18, 2008

Matthew 11:28

Come to Jesus if you are weary. Come to Jesus if you are heavy laden. HE will give you rest...

Jesus IS the answer. He IS the WAY.


This is one of those nights when I just can't sleep. This is a night when I just feel compelled to dive right in to THE WORD OF GOD. I don't want to stop until I have a renewed spirit...!

I am so tired and weary of my life as a lukewarm, mediocre, average christian. I have got to do things differently.

Why can't I rest in Christ, moment to moment, 24-7...?

I know the answer.

It's because I'm not fully committed to Christ. I'm not FULLY SURRENDERED.

OK, well what does 'Fully' surrendered look like...?

'Fully' surrendered means:

  • Not Worrying about things -I am the chief sinner in this regard...
  • Not being so busy -I've been in bondage to 'busyness' for years...
  • Not getting so angry -I'm getting worse in this area, not better...
  • Not speaking negatively of others -Why can't I control my tongue...?
  • Actively spending more time in prayer -Duh...

Sam's Inventory: How surrendered am I...? Oh, on a good day maybe 60% surrendered. Most days probably less than half of my day is surrendered.

What's the solution to my problem...? Matthew 11:28

I've Got to REST in JESUS...

1 comment:

Monica Chadwell said...

Well said.
I love you, Sweetie.

M-