Thursday, September 18, 2008

Deuteronomy 33:12

And of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by him; and the Lord shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders. (Deuteronomy 33:12)

Nice verse, isn't it...? When I first read that verse I thought: Oh I want to be 'the beloved of the Lord'. Then I considered my life and realized, that 'I AM' beloved of the Lord. When I stop to consider all my many, many blessings it's really an incredible inventory of God's Favor.

God spared my family and I any real harm or damage from the the recent Hurricane while many near us have suffered tremendously. And that's not to say that those who were effected by the storm are not walking with with God, but for what ever reason God chose to spare us this time.

I do feel safe and secure in God's arms right now. Sure my family has it's share of struggles and trials, but although Life is Hard, GOD IS GOOD.

Father God,

Lord You are my shelter. You are my Rock. Thank You for Your love and the way You care for us. Father I give You all the credit and glory for anything good in my life right now. Thank you so much for my precious wife, family, and our safety.

I lift up those right now who for what ever reason are not nearly as fortunate as we have been.

Father God what ever comes at me in the days to come I face with the strength and security of knowing You've always got my back. I am strong in You, King. I love You Lord and give this day to You for Your Glory.

In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: