Thursday, September 25, 2008

Matthew 10:29-31 -When a Sparrow Falls

Today the weather was so nice I opened the doors at the tennis center to let some fresh air in the shop while I was stringing some racquets. My Kitty, Peepers was laying on top of a little kitty-condo perch in front of the big window. All of a sudden a little sparrow flew into the shop and got disoriented. Thinking the window was open it flew right into the window with a thud and plopped down on the window sill right in front of my cat who wasted no time pouncing on the poor bird.

There was nothing I could do to save the bird and I felt very sad. But I remembered Matthew 10:29-31... That not even a sparrow falls to the ground without Our Dear Heavenly Father knowing about it.

I had just finished my morning post when that happened, and I couldn't help but think how God must really be trying to tell me something. You see, I had been feeling a little apprehensive about the financial situation in America when God put the Solid Rock hymn lyrics in my mind. Then, the sparrow incident further reminded me that God knows what's going on. He's in control.

God clearly wants us to know that We should NOT be apprehensive or afraid. God cares about a single sparrow and we are worth much more than many sparrows. So we should rest assured that He will take care of and deliver his children.

Honestly, I don't know what the future will bring. Life in America is liable change for the worse and get a whole lot harder, possibly in the very near future. But all I can do is remain faithful. All I can do is remain strong. I can pray. And I can stand up for Truth and what is Right even if the world is falling apart around me.

I believe a time is coming when men and women of true faith are going to be severely tested and there will be a tremendous opportunity to win souls for Christ. People get Ready...! The signs are everywhere. It's definitely time to humble ourselves as a nation and pray for forgiveness and repentance.

I'm standing in the gap for America today. Won't you join me...?

2 comments:

Monica Chadwell said...

Good post, Honey. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much. I really need that today.