Thursday, April 09, 2009

Easter Reflections

Easter is upon us. This time of year I always ponder the thoughts and emotions that must have been going through Jesus' mind prior to his crucifixion.

On this symbolic day in history, Jesus met with his disciples for the last time before they all would dessert, betray, or deny him a few hours after the last supper. He would be crucified on the next day.

I think today was tough day for the fleshly part of Jesus.

My mom passed away right before Holy Week nine years ago, and Connor's Daddy also passed away on Good Friday not long ago, so our household is always a little extra emotionally charged this time of year.

This morning I am praying for my family. I especially lift up Connor. I am believing we will have a blessed, memorable, happy, and joyous Easter weekend.

Lord Jesus, what a great sacrifice You made for us so long ago. I thank and praise You, Lord. I crown You as my King and the Lord of my life. Father God I live for You. I love You. You have given me everlasting life...!

Lord I lift up my precious family to You this morning. Bless us, Lord. Bless us to be a blessing to each other and those around us...

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: