Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Proverbs 12, Corinthians 13, and Proverbs 27

There's a lot of good information and instruction in Proverbs 12. I like verse 4. it has two parts.

Part A says: An excellent wife is the crown of her husband... I've got one of those. My wife is a sweet blessing to our family and especially to me.

Part B says: But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones... I praise the Lord that I don't have one of those. Sadly, I know men who do...

Yes... I'm high on my wife! I love how we talk about the Lord , the bible, and spiritual issues all the time. She definitely inspires me to dig deeper into the word.

Last night we were talking about Love. She pointed out the significance of 1 Corinthians 13.

A person could be blessed with an incredible knowledge of scripture, have great oratory and teaching skills, but if they don't have love then they are nothing more than a clanging gong or cymbal. And sadly, we know many people like that. Our lives have recently been greatly impacted by a clanging cymbal.

But wait... Wow...! The Holy Spirit just revealed something to me as I was posting this message. I need to be careful that I do not sound like be a clanging percussion instrument, myself...!

Funny how the splinters I see in other mens' eyes are logs in my own eyes...

God has just given me the insight that I've got some love issues in my own life to deal with, so I need to be careful what I write in regard to other men....

Let me close on a positive note, with another scripture that makes me think of my wife, and my marriage...

Proverbs 27:17... Iron sharpens iron, and so one person sharpens the wits of another... My wife definitely sharpens me....!

To God be the Glory, PRAISE HIM...!

No comments: