Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Interesting Conversation....

I had an interesting conversation with a friend this weekend. He asked me that with all the advances in modern technology if I thought our society's quality of life is better now than it was ten or twenty years ago...?

At first I wasn't sure how to answer. How one measures their own quality of life is very subjective and will vary from person to person.

After careful consideration I think our quality of life is worse than twenty years ago. 'Modern Conveniences' have allowed us to stay more busy. The world is moving at a very frightening pace.

In my own life I want to be less busy and have more time to interact with people around me.

I do enjoy the convenience of a personal laptop and am pretty much addicted to blogging. It's hard to believe that computers were just becoming popular when I was in high school, twenty six years ago. Yes, society has changed immensely over the past few decades. And I say it's not so much for the better.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, I recognize that I can not be fully used for Kingdom Work if I am saddled down with busy-ness. Father God I'm praying to You to help me get back to a 'sane' life style and schedule. Let today be the first day of my victory over busy-ness. Help me in the area of time management. Help me to prioritize.

Lord, the same power that conquered the grave lives in me. Through YOU I can defeat busy-ness. I Believe in YOU. I trust YOU. I love YOU, Lord.

I Thank You and Praise You for my precious family. Father God I pray a hedge of protection around them and this house today. Bless them Lord and keep them safe. Bless me to be the model of a Godly husband and daddy to them.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: