Monday, January 23, 2012

The Blood of Jesus: There is POWER in the BLOOD.

We are frail, we are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Forged in the fires of human passion, choking on the fumes of selfish rage.   And with these our hells and our heavens so few inches apart: We must be awfully small, and not as strong as we think we are...  ~Rich Mullins

These lyrics resonate with me.  They say so much, and so simply.   Oh there are times when I think I am strong, but the TRUTH is I am NOTHING without my SAVIOR.

Pastor Dwight Edwards really put things into perspective for me with his sermon this morning.   He said that we don't need more personal development, we need a 'personal substitute'.  We need Jesus Christ, period.

Pastor Edwards went on to present this scenario:  Suppose when we die God says to us:  Explain to me why I should let you in to heaven. How will you or I answer that question...?

Our mindset should NOT be that we are saved because WE asked and accepted Jesus Christ into our hearts.  We are NOT saved because of anything WE personally did.  WE are saved because HE DIED for us.

We are Justified through Jesus' Blood Alone, not our own works.  Jesus' Blood was substituted for my own death, and yours.   

To be continued....

No comments: