Wednesday, June 20, 2012

JC Ryle

"People are backsliders on their knees long before they backslide openly in the eyes of the world." ~ Pastor J.C. Ryle
When I saw that quote from JC Ryle I stood convicted.   Of course, most of Pastor Ryle's quotes convict me.  But this one in particular hit home because I have been struggling a bit in my prayer life, lately.
We have three enemies to our prayer life.  The Devil, Our Flesh, and The World.  I believe one of the greatest reasons for my backsliding is Face Book.  I spend way too much time on Face Book.   I allow Facebook to be a distraction and a big time waster.   The enemy uses Facebook to his advantage.   We are being led to the slaughter.
Heavenly Father,
Today I am praying for You to deliver me from the allure of Facebook.  Praying for the discipline to spend MORE time in the WORD, and  LESS time in the WORLD and Satan's devices.
Thanking You, God for my blessings.  Love You, Lord.
In Jesus name I pray,
Amen

No comments: