Saturday, December 15, 2012

Lamentations: Trying to make sense of it all a day later...





Woke up still deeply disturbed by the events of yesterday.  Thinking how I would feel if I would have lost  any of my precious family at that school in Connecticut.  Today I am grieving along with those who tragically lost a loved one yesterday.  God reminded me of a verse in Lamentations that tells us His tender mercies are renewed daily. Sadly, I do not feel renewed.  But I know the disconnect is not on God's end, but mine. Pray for me.


 Dear Friend, please consider the following verses:


21  This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24  The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25  The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26  It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.




I read all of Lamentations 3.  Verse 3:57 was also particularly comforting... Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not.

Friends, we must not fear.  We must not despair.  We must humble ourselves, get down on our knees, and humbly SEEK HIM.

Normal day to day operations can cease for a while.  Life can at the very least slow down a bit while we take stock at what has just transpired in the past 48 hours.

It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Yesterday was a dark day on many levels. But the bible tells us to not fear, to not be discouraged, but to have hope and quietly wait for God's salvation.

TRUTH WINS in the end.  Truth wins.

So lets 'armor up' for another day of spiritual warfare, my friends.  I am praying for you.  I ask you again, please pray for me.  I love you, and so does Jesus.

Heavenly Father,

Lord take our burdens.  Lord lift us up out of the despair that is closing in around us.  Renew our hearts, Lord.  Father God, Thank you for loving us and for sending Your son, Jesus to our rescue.   Comfort us and give us rest during this dark hour.  Lord please bless the families of the victims with your tender mercies.

Father God, let us be forever changed by this wound.  Let us love harder, deeper, and stronger.  Let us never take our loved ones for granted for one single second.  I love you Lord, and I praise You in this storm.

And I pray these things in the power of the precious holy name of Jesus.

AMEN.



TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments: