Monday, December 16, 2013

Got Questions? Here's the Answer: Matthew 6:33



 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

Every situation under the sun is recorded in the bible.  I am learning more and more to tap into this wonderful resource every day.  Here is what the bible says about itself:

 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12

But we have an enemy seeking to separate us from God.  The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the Giver of All Good Things.    Don't give in to the world.

The apostle Paul gives us more advice in Romans 12:1-2:  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the  renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.  

Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind...   That means we need to read scripture.  Lets fill our head with the Word of God, not the STUFF of the world.   I'll tell you what: I am ready to be renewed.

This time of year we observe the birth of Jesus.  I love the Christmas story:  He was born in a manger...  The lowly shepherds gathering round... The Three Wise Men seeking Him...

The significance of both Shepherds AND Wise men bowing before Jesus is that our Redeemer came into this world for everyone, BOTH the lowly and the esteemed.   

Look to Jesus.  Come to Jesus.  SEEK HIM.

The Word of God says to be not conformed to this world.  

Seek the REASON for this Season: JESUS.  

Wise Men still seek Him.


Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for your precious holy word.  Bless Your Word, Lord and Bless our understanding of it.  Lord Your word commands us to be in the world but not of it.  Your word tells us to seek You FIRST.   Help me to do just that, Father.  Continue to give me a hunger and thirst for Your Word.  Help me to be a blessing to my family and those around me.  

Father God, order my steps today.  I lift up my sweet precious wife Monica to You, and my sons Connor and Elijah.  I am praying blessings over them today and every day.

I love You Lord, and pray all these things in the beautiful name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior..

Amen



No comments: