Friday, January 17, 2014

Psalms 34:15-16 God is watching

 
We have a heavenly father who loves us
Today I am continuing my study of Psalm 34.  This morning's focus is on verses 15 and 16.  When I think of these verses my first thought is of a fatherly relationship and what a great heavenly father we have.  I consider how when Elijah is with me on location for lessons or a tennis event, my eyes are constantly looking out for him and my ears are always listening for him.  If I perceive a danger to him or have a concern for him I am on it instantly to intervene.  The Psalmist records these same parental attributes to our Lord.

The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

Verses 15 and 16 are promises to God's children, and a firm warning to evil doers.  

By the way: I agree 100% with verse 16.  If I ever catch anyone trying to do evil to my family, that evil doer would definitely be in jeopardy!

Friends, Our God is a loyal loving father who is there for his family.   Do you have a relationship with him in that manner?   You can start today.   Remember though:  Where there is no communication there is no relationship.

Have you heard from God today?   
He made a brand new day for us this morning.  Every good and perfect gift comes from above.  If you have been blessed, its from God.  Oh yeah, he wrote a book, the bible. Its available to you 24/7,  just as He is. too.   God said:  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.  Hosea 4:6  Don't be un-knowledgeable.

Has God heard from you today?
Make it a habit to not get out of bed in the morning without at least a short conversation with the maker of universe.  Remember to visit with him for at least a few moments before every meal.  Chances are you won't forget to eat today. If you pray every time before you eat, you will connect with God all throughout the day.  Remember the meal prayer is not limited to just thanking God for a meal.  You are developing a familiarity with the Almighty maker of heaven and earth.  Spend time in prayer.  Reach out to God right now.  Read 1 Thess 5:16-28.  It's a message from the apostle Paul to you and I.  Among other things it exhorts us to 'pray without ceasing'.  Lets do just that.

Heavenly Father,  Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being the BEST daddy in the world.  I can always bring my troubles and concerns to you.  You are always available.  Thank you for watching over me.  Thank You for watching over my family.   Lord there is no problem that is bigger than You.   

Father God you know my heart.  You know my cares and concerns.  Lord help my heart.  Keep it tender.  Father keep giving me a deeper hunger and thirst for you day after day.   Allow your light to shine through my life.   

Bless my sweet precious Elijah. And Lord bless Connor also.  Father I pray you would keep placing in their paths the witness of people who love and serve you.  

Lord, Bless my darling wife, Monica.  Guard her heart and her health.  Thank you for my wife.  She is a great blessing tot this family and everyone she comes in contact with.

Father bless those that read my blog.  I pray that this message would be a seed that falls on fertile ground that it might lead someone into a closer relationship with you.

I love You and pray these things in Jesus' name.

No comments: