Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Praise Report

Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.  Psalm 30:4


On Friday, January 20, I had the misfortune of losing my racquet bag.  I had been teaching private lessons at one of the local high schools. It had been a long day, I was tired, and was packing my car at the end of the coaching session.  I got distracted in a conversation while packing up and drove away leaving my bag sitting in the parking lot.

By the time I realized my mistake and made it back to the courts my bag was gone and it contained $1500 worth of demo racquets, clothing, and cash from my evening lessons.  I was devastated and angry at myself both at the same time. This was a big costly mistake.

Now most of the racquets in the bag had my name and phone number on them and there was other identification in the bag too so I was hopeful to receive a phone call or text that evening. Sadly. no communication was forth coming.  While it looked like my bag was lost for good I still clung to a glimpse of hope that who ever picked it up might just turn it in to the school on Monday.

It was a long weekend waiting for Monday to arrive.  I spent the weekend praying.  I even asked for prayer on Facebook for the situation.  My prayer request yielded nearly 90  comments and well wishes of encouragement. The outpouring of support did lift my spirits a bit, but Monday came and as the day wore on there was no phone call or text.  Then at 5 PM Monday evening I received a text from the high school coach that a non tennis playing student found my bag and turned it in to the school.

Needless to say I was elated at the news.  God allowed me to experience a big dose of humility in the loss of my racquet bag.  He also taught me patience in waiting over the weekend to the end of the day Monday to learn the news that it would be returned to me.  God is Good.  I am grateful for the lessons learned.

Trust in the Lord, with all thine heart.  Lean not on thy own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and he will make thy path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: