Monday, October 04, 2004

Isaiah 54:16

'No weapon formed against you will prevail...' This verse doesn't have so much to do with prayer but it is one of my favorite verses. And it certainly fits right into prayers. Joel Osteen quoted it in a prayer last night on a televised sermon at Lakewood Church. It is certainly a reassuring verse. It gives comfort to the discouraged. It claims victory over the Evil One. No matter what your trial may be, or how bleak the outlook God is Faithful and with Him all things are possible.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord Jesus You are an Awesome God. You are Our Great Protector. We may withstand trials and endure persecution but no weapon can really harm us and take away our position in YOU. That's what Your Salvation does for us. Oh Mighty God, maker of Heaven and Earth, I just praise You for Your Glory. Father I just lay my cares and troubles at Your feet. My wants and desires are nothing, Lord. I depend on You totally for Your Grace and Mercy.

Father, I claim victory in You today. And Lord I give this day back to You. Allow me to go out into the world today with a smile on my face and help me put a smile on other faces. Enable me to be a great encourager today. Help me to better coach others not only in tennis, but in life. Let my life and my wife's life be a shining example of You. Not only through or words, but our actions.

Father, there are many out there with special needs today. Remember especially the needs of the Prayer Warriors. Lord Jesus thank you for Your Protection. Thanks You for Your Love, Grace, and Mercy. Thank You for the gift of Prayer and for hearing Our Prayers Thank You for making us the Victor and not the victim.

Lord I love You. And In Jesus name I pray, AMEN.

No comments: