Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Prayer for America

I'm interrupting my normal series on scriptures referring to prayer and praise to pray for a topic that I feel extremely passionate about. And You should be passionate about this topic, too. -America, Our Home Sweet Home.

You see, I am growing increasingly concerned with the direction I see our country heading. I just finished writing a scathing journal entry in my other journal criticizing ABC for it's programming of the the TV Show: 'Desperate Housewives'. TV just continues to get trashier and trashier.... Our Presidential Race is being packaged by the media as 'entertainment'. The Pledge of Allegiance is under attack because some people find the words 'Under God' to be offensive. The sanctity of marriage as defined as an act between one man and one woman is under severe scrutiny by the courts because of Gay Rights Activists... Sigh... And that's just some of our domestic issues. I haven't even touched on Global events...

It can all be a bit overwhelming at times... And Really what can We do...? You and I...?

Well, we can start by not giving up...! We're not going to throw in the towel. We are going to pray. We are going to continue propping up the country one person at a time through kindness and encouragement. We're going to raise up our children and the young people within our sphere of influence to be God-Fearing and Respectful. And then we're going to pray some more...!

The bible says: The Prayers of a Righteous Man Availeth Much...! That means we can get a lot done through intercessory prayer....! Please join me today as I pray for America.

Dear Lord,

You have Blessed America. You once shed Your Grace on US. But we have turned away. look at where the country is headed. Our media is polluted with a very worldly secular view. Your words are systematically being stricken from all public places. We kill babies before they are born.

But Father I pray that You reserve judgment on this land a little longer. Raise up churches and leaders within the communities all across America. (and the world) Raise up Prayer Warriors to intercede in the areas that need attention... (virtually Everywhere...) Let's start a Revival across the land beginning with our own little sphere of influence right where we are planted.

OH God, You are a capable God. You are very much able to fix all things. The whole world is in Your hands. Jesus we love You. And we need a Savior like we've never needed before. Father, in Christ Jesus ' Name I Pray, Amen

No comments: