Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Colossians 4:2-6

2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
(from New International Version)

In Verse 2 Paul is instructing and encouraging the Colossian Church to pray. 'Being Watchful' implies that everyone should be on the lookout for opportunities to pray and intercede. 'Thankful' refers to the fact that we should solemnly acknowledge God's tender mercies towards us. All Prayers should include Thanksgiving.

In Verse 3 Paul is asking specifically that the church congregation pray for he and the other church leaders to have an effective ministry. 'For which I am in chains..." Reminds us that Paul was in jail at the time of his writing this letter. Verse 4 has Paul making another specific request: To be able to present his messages clearly and effectively. We should always pray for our ministers and church staff.

Verses 5-6 outline some of the relative duties of an Authentic Christian. We are to be careful of the way we act towards and treat 'outsiders' (non Christians) We don't want to cause or increase prejudice against religion. We must watch our words. Words have much power in them. Let us always be edifying and encouraging. And let us do our home work, becoming students of the bible so that our words will be full of wisdom and we will know how to answer any question put to us. In that way, our words will be seasoned like salt.

Dear Heavenly Father...

Oh Lord Thank You for Another Day. Just thank You for meeting my needs, Lord. I pray that I am worthy to receive Your Bountiful Goodness... Lord, thank You once again for Prayer. It's so awesome to start my day by connecting to You in Holy Prayer.

Lord, the Apostle Paul gave us great encouragement and instruction on how to live in honor of You. I pray that I am all the more prayerful, and watchful for opportunities, and that my words are seasoned through bible study, prayer, and connection to You. Jesus, help me be a better and more effective witness. Give me boldness Lord to act decisively when ever I see an opportunity.

And Lord, Thanks for our Pastors at Clear Creek Community Church. I lift them up to You Lord. Bless them and their families. Bless their ministries as they have devoted their lives to expanding Your Kingdom.

Father, I want to close with more Thanks and Praise. I am so Thankful for my sweet wife Monica and mom and dad and son. You have blessed me tremendously...! God, You are just an Awesome God...! I love You!

And in Jesus' Name I Pray,

Amen.


No comments: