Wednesday, December 15, 2004

PDL Lesson 18 Experiencing Life Together

PDL Lesson 18 Experiencing Life Together

This chapter is all about Fellowship. I'm curious. What is so offensive about the word fellowship...? Probably nothing to all who read my daily blogs. But I was asked by a former employer to not use that term or word in my description of a tennis event because some of the members at that particular club found it offensive.

I was as dumbstruck then as I was now. Needless to say, I don't work for that employer anymore. The title of this chapter is pretty much the meaning of fellowship. Doing life together. Fellowship denotes a closeness, an association. It is a good and positive thing. It's too bad that some people reject that concept. Yes, it's sad, indeed.

I'll expound more on Fellowship this afternoon when I'm on my break. Please check back again.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Fellowship. We take courage and inspiration form others who share the same beliefs that we do. Fellowship is a 'must'. It's a requirement for growth in you. I used to think I was an island, that I didn't need anyone but You. Well, I definitely need You, Lord. But I need others also. I need Fellowship.

I thank you for my group of friends at Clear Creek Community Church. I thank You Lord for my Wife and baby that's on the way. I'm blessed with a network of awesome families that I coach tennis to. Father, You have given my a rich and wonderful fellowship. Lord You are Good...!

I love You Lord. I worshipYou, My King...! I give this day to You. Father God, In Jesus' Name I pray, AMEN.


No comments: