Tuesday, January 18, 2005

God Really Does Answer Prayer

God is Faithful. He hears our Prayers. Many times it doesn't seem like he's listening, but he is...

I've been meaning to do this for some time, but I'm going to start keeping a record of my special prayer requests and God's answers to them. They won't all be published here, but just for my own information and edification, I owe it to myself and God to do that.

You see, I've got to be about the 'wishy-washiest' Christian there is. My faith ebbs and flows with my circumstances. Many times I'm a 'Solid Rock', but at other times I'm fragile and scared. I tend to forget how faithful God has been to me and how he has always blessed me and taken care to meet my needs. I mean really, I have a lifetime of experience that proves that God is Real, and He loves Me. So why do I worry...? Why do I get so discouraged at times? I really don't know. But I do recognize the situation and I think that's the first step to recovery. I think if I had some tangible evidence that God has consistently been there for me it would help me stay grounded. My memory is just not good enough. I'm better if I write stuff down.

Case in point: I was so discouraged Sunday night I couldn't even pray. But I know Monica was praying for me. Then Monday, I had an awesome day. I had one of the best lesson days I've ever had. I was exhausted when I got home but I felt really good. And I recognize that it's all God's doing. (And Monica's prayers). I am so blessed to have a beautiful wife that prays for me every day. We constantly lift each other up in prayer and encouragement. I don't know what I'd do without Monica by my side. I hope I never have to find out...!

Brothers and Sisters I'm just here to testify that Prayer Works. God is Real. And God is Good.

I personally need a good dose of patience. And I have to recognize that when I think God is not answering my prayer, that is not necessarily the case. It just might be that he is not answering my prayer the way I want him to... Think about that today. I may explore this topic a little more tomorrow.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Once again I am humbled by your awesome greatness. Lord, thank you for my good day yesterday. And thank you for giving me such an extra special wife who loves me and encourages me, and is constantly lifting me up in prayer. It is such a blessing to be married to a Godly woman...!

Divine Master, You constantly meet me at my point of need. What a Mighty God I serve...! Father I'm going to try to worry less. To have stronger faith. To be strong and let my light shine bright in this dark world. I know that I can do all things through you. So I ask your blessing. I ask for your Holy Spirit. Strengthen, lead, and guide me, Lord.

I am yours, Father. I love You. I worship You. I lay this life down at your feet. All my cares, all my worries, all that I cherish, I offer to you Lord. Take it all. I want to give back to you what you so willingly laid down for me.

Father God, I have a good life, a richly blessed life. It's not void of problems and troubles but you never promised that we wouldn't have troubles. You just promised that You would give us grace to carry on. Thank You for Grace.

Today I just give this day to you. I can't wait to impact someone today with a smile, or positive attitude, a word of encouragement, or some other kind of witness. God,You are Love. I want to be about Love, too. So Father, just show me what you would have me do. I am ready, willing and able and my eyes and ears are open to your call.

Lord Jesus, I pray these things in Your Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: