Monday, March 07, 2005

The Last Days...

Our Pastor gave a great sermon Sunday about the last days and the second coming of Christ. He said that Jesus told six stories in the new testament. In each and every one of them the theme is that 'We don't know when the Master will return. The exact time and date is not known. We must be ready.' Don't Procrastinate...!

Boy, that's me. I'm a procrastinator. I try to live a Godly life, think Godly thoughts, do Godly acts.... But I fall short pretty much every day. I can't tell you how much Pastor Bruce's sermon touched my heart yesterday. You can listen online by going to www.clearcreek.org

Here's a direct link to Sunday's sermon: the second coming.

I'll try to find the direct link to that sermon and post it right here as soon as it's up.

Bruce's sermon really has inspired me to study the new testament closer.

I think I'll go back and examine Jesus' six stories a little more closely these next couple of weeks. In the mean time I pray for God to help me walk with Him in Holiness.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for Clear Creek Community Church and Pastor Bruce's great message this past Sunday. My heart was touched and I'm sure that many others' were touched as well. Father God, I want to endure to the end. I want to prepare while I still can. I've accepted You as my Personal Savior. Now I just want to walk with you. Help me to walk closer each day.

Don't allow me to get caught up in busy-ness. Let my focus always be on you and sharing the Gospel with my very life. Father God I love You. I give this day to You, my King.

I ask that you bless my tennis camp today and keep the rain away just long enough to get my practice in. Keep my wife and stepson safe as they travel to West Columbia today. Lord, just thank you for my family. Thank you for my baby son on the way. Thanks for my mother and father in law, I've thoroughly enjoyed their visit.

God, You're just an awesome God. Thank You for the precious gift of Salvation that your death on the cross has won for mankind. I pray these things in Jesus' name Amen.




No comments: