Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Luke 21:34-36

Be on guard that your hearts will not be weighed down by dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come upon you suddenly like a trap; for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of the earth. But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you have the strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the son of Man. Luke 21: 34-36

The phrase 'that day' is referring to the second coming of Christ. Here Jesus is telling us to be watchful and stay ready. He warns us against getting caught up in the moment and busy-ness. And although we don't know the exact moment of HIS return the theme of this passage is if we are 'on guard' then we will not be surprised.

The bible tells us what's going to happen. It's up to us to read and understand. I'm convinced the last days are upon us. And Satan is attacking me and other Believers with every weapon in his arsenal. I believe the Spiritual Warfare is going to get even more intense as 'that day' draws closer.

But take heart, Prayer Warriors. We're on the winning team...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

You promised us to never leave us or forsake us. You promised to never give us more than we could bear. You told us to take heart because even though this world would throw troubles at us that you had overcome the world.

God, You are an Awesome God. You are Our Mighty Fortress. Our Stronghold. The evil one will not prevail against Your Kingdom. Lord, Guard us and Protect us. Keep us safe. We rest in You, oh King and Savior.

Help me to be ever watchful for 'that day'. Let my life shine the way for others who want to follow You. Father I love You. You have done great things for me. I am Blessed. Thank You Lord for those blessings.... My family, my health, my life, and most importantly: My Salvation which was made possible through your suffering and death. Thank You Lord for your sacrifice which made my eternal life possible.

In Jesus' Name I Pray,

Amen.

No comments: