Saturday, May 28, 2005

Prayer for The Weekend

This is a big weekend. There's so much going on in our country and around the world the next few days... I want to lift up everyone in our armed forces today. I want to pray for a safe holiday for the many travelers out there this weekend. I want to lift up my own family this morning.

Dear Heavenly Father,

You are the Savior of the Universe....! Our Most Gracious and Loving Lord. Jesus, You invented Love and You Love in a capacity we can scarcely comprehend. You have a Divine Plan for each and every one of us. It is written that we should pray for each other and bear one another's burdens.

Lord, I pray for the whole world today. I pray for Peace. I pray for an end to greed and hatred and prejudice. Jesus, this weekend we remember those who serve and have served in our armed forces. I lift them up to You, Lord. I lift up the families of these brave men and women, too Lord. Because of their duty and honor we enjoy the freedoms we have today.

I want to lift up those traveling this weekend. I pray for safe roadways and airways. Let this be a weekend of peace and relaxation and no tragedies.

Father In Heaven, Lastly this morning I want to lift up Monica and Connor to You. I pray especially for my sweet wife that she get plenty of rest this weekend. I pray that Connor and I have a good trip traveling to Columbia Lakes this morning and that my tennis event goes smoothly.

Lord, I especially pray for Connor this weekend. He's almost 13 years old, Lord. And he's gone through such drastic life changes in the past two months. We're still working on routines, and rules for living together as a family and there's a bit of friction here and there from time to time. Lord, by Your Grace we will smooth out the rough edges. We Love You Lord, and we Love each other. Help us Father, Strengthen us as a family. Strengthen me as a Leader, Lord.

Help me be a man of Godly influence to my step son. Lord, together we can face any problem. I give thanks and praise that I don't have to figure these things out on my own. I will rest in You.

Father, I do Love You. And I put my faith and trust in You, Dear Lord. I lay these burdens and requests at Your feet. I give this day to You. I will be authentic today. I will be Your witness and Your servant.

In Jesus' Name I pray,

Amen.

No comments: