Friday, May 27, 2005

Thank God it's Friday

Fridays are my days to reflect and be grateful for what I have and don't have. I'm grateful that we have found an awesome church. I'm looking forward to serving and becoming more active there at Houston Metropolitan Baptist. I'm thankful and grateful for access to all the good bible teaching on the radio and on the internet.

I'm grateful for a good night's sleep. I feel totally rested and ready to dive into the day. Also, I am alert and focused and able to give my all to this devotional. I want to give my Best to God at all times. That's why I like to devote the first part of my day Every Day to study and prayer.

I'm glad to be through to the end of the week and am about to kick off the summer programs.

God has blessed me with a beautiful wife, a step son, and a baby on the way. You can't get much better than that! I'm very happy in my career. It's a challenge at times, but as Pastor Sal said last Sunday that having loving lots of money only gives you more choices and options about what you can be miserable with. Well, We don't have a lot of extra money, but we're sure not miserable, either. I'm grateful and content. I have a much better life than many. Certainly better than I had growing up.

Oh my poor parents. I wish they would have known the Lord like I do. I wish I would have been able to witness more to them before they died. But I am grateful even for my failure in that regard because that experience has made me more firm in my resolve to witness today. And I still have a good opportunity to witness to my brothers and sister.

Yes, today I just sit back and marvel at the life God has given me. A life of Privilege. A life of Responsibility. God has given me a blessed, precious life and I am to be about God's Business with that Life. I am to give my Utmost for His Highest. I am to live a God Honoring Life. I am going to be forty this year. I have lived half of my life already. It won't be much longer before I am gone from this earth and facing Eternity.

Eternity is a long time. Life here on earth is but an instant compared to forever. I am most grateful for God's Gift of Salvation. I think about that this morning. What am I going to be doing in eternity? That's the basis for another whole series study. I can't answer that question. I'm sure I'll be worshiping God, but will God have a special job for me in Heaven...? Whatever the case may be, I'm grateful for the here and now. And I'm grateful for the future.

Dear Heavenly Father, Lord God I thank You this morning with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I recognize that I have a great life. And I credit it all to Your tremendous grace and mercy because I am not deserving of any good thing. I want to grow in Your Image, Lord, but I have a long way to go. I am so far from perfection, I am not even on the map. But You Love me Lord. And have blessed me greatly.

I love You back and I praise and worship You my Lord and King. I give You my best. I give my everything to You this morning. I will live this day for You, Lord. To witness for You. To Encourage for You. To lift up and comfort the needy. I am here for what ever You call me to.

My Lord, My God, thank You for my blessings. I don't want, or need, or petition for anything for myself today. I just rest in You, the Prince of Peace. I lift the Name of Jesus Christ up on High Today.

And in Jesus' Name I pray,

Amen

No comments: