Monday, June 06, 2005

Vintage Christianity

Yesterday our church started a new series called Vintage Christianity. The Study was over Colossians 1:1-14 Pastor Sal spoke of being passionate about Living, Growing, and Grace. It really fired me up. Prior to church yesterday morning I was a little down emotionally. I really didn't even want to go to church, yesterday. But I'm sure glad I did...! It transformed me.

I can honestly say there's a passion in me right now. I'm ready to face a difficult, full week with enthusiasm. Whatever obstacles come my way I know God will give me Grace to carry on.

My favorite quote from Pastor Sal's sermon yesterday was this:

'We are living for Eternity. Sure, we are going to take some hits here on earth. But at the end the rewards are unimaginable...!'

So today I face the world with a passion to Live my Faith. I head out the door this morning to do God's will. No matter what comes my way I will live for eternity today...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord There is a fire burning in my heart today like never before. A consuming passion to live and grow in Grace, Truth, and Love. Father I know that the evil one will wage warfare against me but I put on Your Whole Armor today and every day.

I pray for the Wisdom of the Holy Spirit in my decision making today. Season my words and actions to be salt and light to this dark lost world. I pray that my witness be strong today. I will be in a position of great influence to many today. Let them see the You in Me, Jesus.

Father I present my family to You today, as well. Bless them. Protect them. Draw them closer to You, Gentle Father. I lift up my sweet wife today, Lord. And my unborn baby, Elijah. And my stepson Connor. Father God I pray blessings on Judy and Arno, and Stanley, Becky, and John. May Your Grace and Mercy be theirs.

I offer this day to You my King. In Jesus' Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments: