Sunday, June 05, 2005

Prayer for Saint Peter Lutheran in Bay City

Today I want to pray for Saint Peter Lutheran Church in Bay City Texas. When I was growing up in Bay City my family lived at 1910 Peach Street. Right across the street was St Peter Lutheran. We lived at 1910 Peach for 6 or 7 years and during that time we never really had any interaction with that church. That's too bad, because thinking back on it, they always seemed to have something going on...

I wish that someone from the church would have taken time to knock on our door and visit with my family. Perhaps they did and my mom sent them away. I'll never know for sure. But at any rate, for some reason I awakened this morning with that church on my heart to pray for them.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thanks for another Day Of Rest, my King. I honor You today, this morning Lord. I give this first hour of my awaken-ness to You. I give You the first part, the Best part of my Day, Jesus.

I want to lift up the tiny little Lutheran church in Bay City today, Lord. Bless their sermon today. I lift up the Pastor, his family, and the congregation to You Lord. I pray You use them to witness to the surrounding neighborhood and the entire Bay City Community. Thank You Jesus for that Church.

Lord, I also ask You to lift up The Metropolitan Baptist Church this morning as we go to visit there later this morning.

I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: