Thursday, June 02, 2005

Lean Not on Your Own Understanding

One thing I know for sure, is that I just don't know very much. And that's a good thing. God doesn't reveal the future to us in order to keep us dependent on Him. That's why we must be praying in the Spirit at all times. -Staying Connected to Our Provider and Protector.

For instance, if we knew the future such as the end of the world, or the last day of our life, we'd probably procrastinate and live an immoral life right up until the last second and then try to ask forgiveness right before it was all over. Since we don't know our last day we must live in expectancy at all times.

The only thing I really know for sure is that I need a closer walk with Jesus.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You are such an Awesome God. My God and Savior I can't imagine how I made it through my childhood years without you. I definitely couldn't make it through a day now apart from You, Jesus. Lord I Love You. I give this day to You My King. Thank You for another day to grow in You and make a difference in this world.

Lord I pray that You would help me make the most of my opportunity today. Season my words that I may be a bold witness for You Kingdom. I lift up my family, especially my sweet wife and unborn son as they go for a doctor's appointment this morning.

Father, In Jesus' Name I pray these things, Amen.

No comments: