Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Prayer is Warfare

A good and dear friend of mine has been writing a series on prayer the last few days and he wrote a great commentary on how The Enemy really works overtime to disrupt our prayer life. I don't know about you, but I have felt under attack most every day in this regard.

I had put aside the very first part of my morning every day for some concentrated prayer time for several years now. But since the summer is here and I have had an extremely busy schedule I've just not been able to carve out this special time consistently. Oh I said I'd move my prayer time to the afternoon, but that has rarely happened. I can't seem to slow down my day enough to give God 30 minutes to an hour of uninterrupted praise and worship.

How do you think that makes God feel that I don't have enough time in my day for the creator of the universe and my personal savior...? That's Rubbish...! I've felt convicted in this regard for weeks now. I'm very grateful to my friend who reminded me how the enemy is constantly waging a war against guys like me. Not that it's not my fault at all or anything like that, but it's not entirely my fault, that's for sure. My friend reminded me that there are supernatural forces at work here. That is all the more reason to double my efforts as a prayer warrior. And to remember that when we put on God's full armor that we are invincible. We are more than conquerors. When we walk with God we walk in Victory.

I do believe that I have been given the gift of intercessory prayer but I haven't been using my gifts to the fullest this summer. Today I just pray for forgiveness, and ask for help to fight the Evil One's snares of busy-ness. I pray for discipline in my prayer life. I pray today to be the Prayer Warrior God has called me to be.

-And I pray this morning for all the dear readers of my blogs. Many of You are great prayer warriors in your own right as God has called you. I pray that the enemy will not prevail in his efforts to bring down your prayer time and your spiritual walk.

Dear Heavenly Father,

What an awesome God You are. I just amazes me how You orchestrate my life. Thank You for great friends like Glenn who publishes thoughts for the day... His commentary is truly short little nuggets of Truth that light the path for so many who walk in the dim and the darkness. Thank You for disciples like Steve who live a life of Love that is evident to all who encounter him. What a great inspiration he is to me and many others.

Lord, You always give me what I need when I need it. You are a great Provider. A Sustainer. There is no one like You, Jesus. And today I just spend a concentrated time just pondering Your Greatness. I worship You Lord and Give You the Thanks and Praise You so Richly deserve.

You are God. You are Number One. You Lord, come before all others and everything. Father, I just humbly ask that You help me manage my time better. Help me to discern what are the most important activities for my schedule. The Enemy would have me to be busy and tired 24/7 but You Lord said to come to You and You would give us rest. I need rest Dear Lord. I need You.

I heard that the body does most of it's healing when we're sleeping and at rest. Our brain functions better after a good rest. I need rest Lord. But I need You more than anything.

Father, I thank You for my blessings. I thank You for the Prayer Warriors. I Thank You for those who read my journals every day. I lift them up to You Lord. If the Enemy is giving me a hard time then I know he's at work in their lives as well. Guard them. Shield them from Evil. Bless them and their families.

Lord Jesus I Love You. I give my all to You. This day is Yours, Lord. I offer it to You. And I pray these things in Your holy name, Amen.

No comments: