Friday, November 18, 2005

Thankful Friday

Today, after spending the past 3 Fridays fighting strept throat first, and then pneumonia.... I'm very thankful for my health. My voice is still scratchy but I'm feeling better every day. And I've been able to teach the past 3 days in a row...! Praise the Lord.

I was deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Dr Adrian Rodgers. He had preached at Belview Baptist Church in Tennessee for the past 33 years and had an international ministry that has deeply touched my life. He will be greatly missed, but while I am sad at his passing I am also happy that he has gone to be with the Lord. He was 74 years old and had been battling both lung cancer and double pneumonia.

Dear Heavenly Father, Lord I am highly favored and blessed by You. Today I just sing your praises. You are an awesome God. Thank You for my health. But thank you too for my illness because it caused me to slow down a bit. Troubles draw us closer to You than triumps. I'm trying hard to remember that when I face a crises or stress that You are just forcing me to rely more on You.

Father God, Thank You so much for the life and the witness of Dr Adrian Rodgers. He has tremendously affected my walk and the walk of thousands of others with his ministry. I lift up his family today. I lift up his church that is both mourning and celebrating his passing.

Jesus, I love You. There is no one like You. Thank You my King for blessing me with such an awesome life. Loed I pray these Things in Your holy name, Amen.

No comments: