Monday, December 12, 2005

Quiet Time

It's important to get enough sleep. But it's also important to get enough quiet time with our Lord. When I don't manage my schedule well enough and I miss my quiet time it throws the entire day off. I'm sort of getting off to a bad start in that regard this morning. I wish that I would have been able to get up earlier. I tried to get up at 4 AM and then at 5 AM, but really couldn't get going until about 6:30...

Now I have to get ready for lessons in a few minutes. Hopefully I can steal away some quiet time at lunch and get back ontrack spiritually. Meanwhile I just pray for grace and mercy this morning.

Lord, I love You. I want to dedicate this day to You. I pray that this is a God-Honoring day. Help me to be the best dad and step dad You have called me to be. Help me to be the best Husband and the best coach.

Purify my heart of negative thoughts, Lord. Help me to dwell on that which is righteous and holy. Lord I need more patience. I need wisdom to raise my stepson and keep him on the right track. I can only be successful through Your help.

Thank You Father. Thank You for this day. Thank You for another opportunity to make things right in the world one relationship, one encounter at a time.

Lord, I pray for my sweet wife Monica who is having the same struggles as I am. Father I pray that our house sells. Dear Jesus I pray for my extended family, especially the ones that do not know You. And Lord I pray for Brazos Pointe Fellowship, it's pastors and sheep.

Father God, I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: