Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Holy Spirit

Several Bible Teachers I listen to regularly are discussing the Holy Spirit this week. What is the Role of the Holy Spirit in our lives...? Well, Dr Stanley says the mission of the Holy Spirit is threefold:
  • Salvation: an ACT of Faith
  • Sanctification: a WALK of Faith
  • Service: a WORK of Faith

I'd like to do a little mini-study on the Holy Spirit for the next few days. Let's start this morning with the mission of the Holy Spirit with regard to salvation.

John 16:5-8 '...I must go away so I can send the Helper...' The Promise of Jesus, our Heavenly Father was to send the Holy Spirit whom he referred to as the 'Helper'.

The ministry of the Holy Spirit is essential to our Salvation. John 6:44 says: '...No one comes to me unless I draw him...' -We are annointed, and chosen by the Father and then he sends His Holy Spirit to convict us.

Romans 8 states that the Holy Spirit dwells in the heart of every believer.

Our former condition was DEATH. (Ephesians 2) The Holy Spirit gives us a NEW LIFE. (John 3) And once we start a new life the Holy Spirit begins the process of Sanctification, which is tomorrow's study.

No comments: