Friday, December 23, 2005

Some much needed quite time...

I've been in another little spiritual slump lately. This past week I've been too busy to get my morning quiet time. But this morning I got up extra early to listen to Christmas music and enjoy a roaring fire in the fireplace. Ahh, now this is peaceful...

I've been struggling a bit as a step dad. I haven't had the trade mark Coach Sam patience when I should have. This morning I'm going to start getting my act together again. (with God's help)

I realize I am nothing apart from my creator. I certainly won't be able to get through this slump without Him. When I try to do things on my own, I fail miserably. I need Jesus. The Enemy wages war against me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I love You. I need You... Help me be more patient, loving, kind, and gentle. Help me to be more like You, my King. Give me a heart for reaching out to the hurting. Give me the gift of mercy, Lord.

Father God I am a wretched sort. I slip and fall continuously. Purify my heart, Lord. Renew my mind, Father. By the power of the Holy Spirit I know it is possible. I believe in You, Jesus. Thank You Lord for coming down as a little baby and living among us. Thank You for saving the world.

God, You're an awesome God...! I pledge my life to You, Jesus. You have set me apart from the world and blessed me more abundantly than I could ever have hoped for.

I thank You, Love You and Praise You. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: