Monday, March 06, 2006

What's Important..?

Time with God is important. Time in Prayer is important. Time in the Word is important. Time in fellowship is important. Time in discipleship is important. Time with family is important.

Time is the common denominator. And how we spend our time on earth here and now is what we will be judged on in the here after.

I think the conversation with God could go something like this:

Sam, You lived 40 years on this earth. You accepted me as your Lord and Savior when you were 19. Then I didn't hear from you for a long time... What have you been doing for the past 20 years...? Then it will be turn to stammer and stumble and try to present my weak case as to why I should be allowed to spend eternity in heaven.

Honestly, I don't think I'm a 'bad' person. I don't kill or steal. But is my life lived to it's fullest potential for the kingdom...? Is God using me in a powerful way...? What am I doing with my time...?

This particular period of time in my life is undoubtedly the busiest I've ever experienced. And I believe it's the same for Monica. We've never had our plates more full.

Time is a precious currency. Once it's spent, it can not be recovered. We must spend our time wisely. We never know how much time we have left. I hope I live a whole lot longer. There's no reason to expect that I wouldn't. But anything is possible. And I want to mace my creator and be able to say with confidence:

Yes, Lord. Regarding my walk with you I faded early on. But I did make a remarkable comeback towards the end, didn't I...?

I do feel like I've wasted a lot of time. Time spent being selfish. Time spent in selfish pursuits that really haven't made a difference to the Kingdom. Well, I'm fully aware of what I need to do here on out. And I plan to spend the rest of my precious time making a difference in this world.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You are Timeless. But the clock is ticking on this earthly life. And I can't see the display of the minutes remaining. If I were coaching in a game I'd instruct my players to play hard until the end. Until the last second. Until the buzzer sounded.

Father God, I know that's how You want us to live: Giving our Best for Your Best. I haven't always done that. But I'm trying to do that now. And I just ask for Your Grace and Mercy regarding how I've lived my life up to this point. And I pray for Your strength and Your Guidence from this point forward.

I love You Lord. and I give my life to You for You You've done for me. I live to honor You, my King. And in Your Precious Son's Holy Name I Pray,

Amen.

No comments: