Thursday, May 18, 2006

Prayer For My TEAM

I've been feeling convicted a lot lately about just laying in bed and saying my prayers before I go to sleep and when I awaken in the morning. Occasionally I'll fall asleep while praying. I know that is not honoring God, or giving Him my Best.

Dr Stanley suggests literally getting on our knees and bowing our heads to pray. I tried that last night and this morning and I am convinced that is a much better posture to pray from. I know I won't fall asleep kneeling on the side of my bed.

Satan was attacking me last night, though. I had a difficult time focusing on prayer. I had difficulty this morning, too. But God did speak to me. And I have this overwhelming desire this morning to pray for my TEAM. Who is my TEAM, you ask...? Well, it's my family of course.

Certainly, I pray for Connor, Elijah, and Monica every day. But this morning I feel this overwhelming desire to pray for us in the context of a family, and as a TEAM.

I've always liked this acronym for T.E.A.M.

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More


I'd like that to be the motto or mission statement of the Chadwell-Copeland family. I do believe that God has great things in store for this family and that we are going to be used mightily for Kingdom Work. Indeed, we are already being presented with great witnessing opportunities right here in this community we live in.

And because of that we are under constant spiritual attack, both individually and as a family. So this morning I'm taking out some extra time to pray for this family. I pray that we really start to gel as a team and begin having our finest championship season.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You have blessed me with an awesome team. My wife is on fire for You and is a big source of comfort and blessing to me. Connor has a great love for You and great knowledge about the bible. He is a great asset to the team. And although 'Elijah is just in his 'Rookie Season, at only 10 months of age he is already showing a great temperament. He will be the first Chadwell to grow up in a happy healthy home environment where Mommy and Daddy love each other and put You at the center of their lives. I see Elijah growing to be a Great Man of God. He's going to be a super star... Knowing You is the only life he'll ever know...!

What a privilege it is to be the Head Coach and Captain of this team. Lord I pray for my team members today. Father Lift them up in their individual prayer lives. And Father I pray that You enable us to come together and pray and worship You together as a family more. Lord God this world needs more Godly families working together in a TEAM like fashion to impact other families.

Lord I lay this request at Your feet this morning. I love You Lord. Thank You for the precious gift of eternal life. Father I give this day to You. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name,

Amen.

No comments: