Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Still Seeking God

Yesterday I started a series on Seeking God but I accidentally posted that study and prayer on the wrong blog. To view yesterday's commentary click here.

Today I continue the series. -But let me make give credit to Dr Charles Stanley of First Baptist, Atlanta for inspiring this series. These thoughts and commentary are stimulated from an article of Dr Stanley's that I recently read.

The commentary yesterday explored the various ways to seek God. Studying scripture and spending time in prayer topped the list. The list continues with more of the obvious: going to church and worshiping. Now, don't come to church simply because it's Sunday. Instead, arrive with a hungry heart and an attitude of God, what do You want to say to me...? What's Your message today...?

Come prepared to hear from Him; have an open Bible, a notebook, and a pen so that you can record what God reveals he is trying to do in your life. You will walk away with truth that will vitally impact your future if you accept it and apply it. Remember, the purpose of going to church is not to entertain you, but rather to allow God to impact your heart, change your life, and make you more Christlike. This will happen when you purposefully invite Him to speak to your heart.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God, You are an awesome God. You are the Creator of Everything. You give my life purpose. That purpose is to know You better, to seek You daily, and to tell others about You.

Jesus, help me to know You better. Help me to be a better witness for You and Your Kingdom. Lord, help me especially improve my thought life. I have too many negative moments, Lord.

Father God I want to experience in life the success of Hezekiah as described in Chronicles 31:20-21. I want to gain the understanding as is written in Proverbs 28:5. I want to know the contentment described in Psalm 63:1.

Lord, I just want to know You more and be a witness to my family, my community, and impact every encounter in my life's journey for You. Help me to not miss one single opportunity today, Father.

Lord I love You. And I give this day to You, my King. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, AMEN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs even though i don't do it often. Blog on super Sam