Monday, May 01, 2006

Recognizing Spiritual Attack

My family has begun a bible study series entitled 'When Godly People Do Ungodly Things...' It reveals the truth about spiritual attack, how to recognize it and how to overcome it.

Friends, this world is a spiritual battleground. If you've never given spiritual attack and the devices of the evil one much thought I pray that this week's series of commentary regarding spiritual attack opens your eyes to what I believe is a very misunderstood and overlooked aspect of our lives. We are facing an invisible, extremely powerful adversary. Satan is out to devour souls and ruin the testimony of believers. He never get's tired, he's got plenty of back up demons that serve as his assistant staff, and they are on the job around the clock, 24/7.

Are you constantly facing overwhelming circumstances and busy-ness...? Do you feel beaten down and persecuted...?Are you experiencing despair...? Do you have trouble praying about it...? Over the next few weeks I'll provide commentary and prayer regarding this these topics.

Remember Beloved, Take heart. In Christ we are more than conquerors...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Oh God, You are my God. My Protector. My comforter. My Healer. My Savior. My King. I worship You. I lift You up. I give my life to You for You are the Prince of Peace and Lord of Lords.

Father God, I pray blessings on my family today. First I lift up my earthly family: My lovely wife, my boys, my brothers and sister and their families, Monica's family and relatives... I pray protection over their lives and I pray for their eternal souls, Jesus.

Lord I also pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray that more and more the body of believers recognize that Satan is on the march and at work furiously as we get closer to the end of his reign here on earth. He is out to disturb and ruin lives. He wants to bother those who would be doing the Lord's work and he wants to hinder those lost who might have the potential to believe in the TRUTH.

Father I pray for myself that I shield and protect myself daily with YOUR spiritual armor and that I withstand the attacks of the evil forces that seek to overwhelm me.

Lord Jesus I just give this day to You. Praise be Your Name, Jesus. Thank God thou art with me...! I love You Lord. And I pray these things in Your Sweet, Holy Name,

Amen.

No comments: