Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Need a Little Lift

I'm pushing myself a little to much today. I'm working on little sleep these past few days. I didn't exactly plan it this way, Its' just how things worked out. Back about ten years ago I used to be in a routine of taking a nap every afternoon. That might be a good routine to revisit as a lifestyle for this summer. I am definitely looking forward to a nap today after I get home from lessons. But this morning I have to put my head down and stay focused on the tasks at hand.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I know it's not right to ask you to defy the laws of physics and give me eight hours of rest in four hours of sleep. Lord I won't ask that of you. I will ask that you just help me get through this morning. Help me stay focused the next few hours. Help me get my work done quickly and accurately.

Lord I don't want to keep forcing myself into situations like this. Divine Master help me to manage my schedule better from here on out. I do count it a privilege to be able to get up early and spend time with you my King... These early morning moments with you are precious indeed...!

Father God I just praise you And give you thanks for my life and for the many opportunities You give me every day. Right this second I need You more than I've ever needed You, Jesus.

Lord, as I read in a friend's devotional first thing this morning: show me the things I need to let go of to take my life to the next level. I want to draw closer to You, Jesus. Lord I need that lift. I have lots to do in little time. Hmmm... That's actually not just a theme for my day today, It's a theme for my life. No one knows how much time we have left. And so there's an urgency. There's much to do in little time... It makes time of the essense, doesn't it...?

Jesus, I want to use my time wisely. I want to spend my time seeking You, drawing closer to You and helping my family, friends, and the world to know You better. Isn't that what you want for me...? But listen to me... I'm telling You what I want... Really Lord, I just want to be conformed to your will. Not my will, but YOUR WILL BE DONE...!

Oh my King, I just throw myself on your mercy this morning. Get me through this day, Jesus. I can't do it by myself. I am nothing without you...! I love You, Lord. And I pray these things in the precious name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...!

No comments: