Friday, July 21, 2006

Life is Short and Eternity is Forever...

The title above is taken from a crosswalk.com devotional I was reading this morning. It really does sum up how I feel about witnessing. As I get older I realize more and more how short our time is here on earth and at the end of my life I want be able to say that I have lived a life that has made a difference in the lives of others. Indeed, God has called His body of believers to spread the good news. I'm almost 41 years old. I have come to the realization that I very well may have lived over half my life already. The truth is, since no one knows exactly how long they have here on earth, every minute of every day should be cherished and lived to the fullest extent.

If You think about it Life really is short. One of my favorite songs has a lyric that goes like this:

'Our lives are but vapors....'

In the grand scheme of things how long does a vapor last...? (Not long)

I want to have served a purpose before I am 'vaporized'...!

Take a good long look at your feet. They were given to you for the purpose of serving Jesus-walking in His ways. You don't need to go any farther than to your neighbors, coworkers, or associates. Be a witness in your "Jerusalem," your home territory. As you are faithful there, God will let you know where to go next. He will lead you step-by-step. All you have to do is be willing-to say, "Here am I, Lord; send me!" (Isaiah 6:8-9). You will find yourself being used by Him for the furtherance of His kingdom.

Dear Heavenly Father, if I don't witness to those around me, who will...? Help me to recognize my God-ordained appointments and be about Your business. In my short time here on earth I want to live a life that has made a difference for The Kingdom.

Lord I trust in You. I have faith in You, my King. Just show me, lead me along the path You have prepared for me. I am here, I am willing, Send me, Lord...!

Blessed be Your name, Jesus. Praise You, my Lord and Savior. I love you and I dedicate this day to You. And I pray this in Your Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: