Monday, July 24, 2006

I Need Prayer Today

This week will be another big, busy week. I've got tennis camp every day this week and I'm working on two tournaments simultaneously. I also need to market my programs for the fall. Sigh... And I'm under conviction that I'm not really in the middle of God's will for how I'm spending my time. I hardly feel as if I'm making any difference for the Kingdom right now.

I'm feeling distracted, rushed, behind schedule, and I'm just not feeling particularly close to God right now.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Here I am again, Lord. I've been here so many times falling on Your mercy. Lord You know everything. You know what a mess I have made of my schedule. I'm really feeling some intense conviction about my life right now, Lord. And Father, I just pray for Your forgiveness. I pray for direction. Help me to be obedient and focused on You, Lord.

Lord Jesus, help me to grow into the Godly man You have called me to be. Help me to be a better witness, Father. Help me to be bold and courageous. Lord, lead me. Father help me, I can't even pray very well this morning.

But Lord You know my heart. You know how much I love You. Lord I just want to start over. I want to renew my dedication to You. Starting right this minute I'm going to live my life totally devoted to you. Lord I want to live the Extraordinary life that Dr Charles Stanley preaches about all the time. But how can that happen in my current routine...?

I've got to make some serious changes in my life and my life style before it's too late...! I don't know how it's all going to work out but I know You do, Lord. And I just rest in You, Jesus. Only You can get me through this.

Father God, I Thank You and praise You for Your Goodness. Lord Jesus I just lay everything down at Your feet. I am here. I am ready Lord. You Lead, I follow.

And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: