Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Who will pray for you...?

My wife and I were discussing prayer yesterday and who and what we've been praying for and about lately. We're both praying for the sale of our house in Houston... We're both praying for family members. And then we starting thinking about people who might not have anybody praying for them. Have You ever considered that...?

This blog started out a few years ago as a prayer ministry at a church Monica and I attended. It was while we attended this particular church that I discovered my calling to intercessory prayer. There are many out there who need prayer. There are those who are lost and need prayer for salvation, and those who belive but need encouragement.

My challenge to you reading this journal today is to make sure you stand in the gap for someone every day. Pray for that person. Lift them up to the Lord.

Do You need prayer...? I'd love to pray for you. Email me privately at coachsam@earthlink.net and I'll spend some time on my knees for you.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God I thank you for prayer. Lord you have blessed my so greatly. I just sing Your praises my King...! Father today I lift up my family. I pray that Monica and Elijah have a good night's sleep and a good day today. I pray for Connor and I as we get up early to go to Houston and work on our property there. Bless our time together, Lord.

Lord, I pray for whoever shot out our kitchen windows with a bb gun. I forgive them, Lord. and I pray that they find You, Father and put an end to their destructive ways.

Father God, I pray an extra special blessing on those who might be reading my blog for the very first time today. If they are searching for comfort let them find it here. Father You are a great big god and Your love and mercy knows no limits.

Lord Jesus, I do pray for the sale of our home in Houston. I know it will happen in your perfect time. And I lift up those buying our home who ever they are. Bless them Father. Bless their finances. That property is just right for someone Lord and I know you will lead them there.

Lord, I want to stand in the gap today for my Brother John and sister Becky. I pray for their relationship with You, my King. They know of You but I'm not sure if they really know You personally. I pray that they would be able to draw closer to You, Father. And Lord I have another brother (Stan). I pray for him also. Please heal our relationship, Father.

Father God, I also want to lift up Monica's parents in California. Bless them, Father. They are considering moving here to Texas to be closer to us. Lord if that be Your will I pray that it be done. I love and cherish them so much. I want Elijah to grow up having his grandpa and grandma close. I want Monica to have her mom and dad close. Lord You know how much I value family. My heart leaps at the mere possibility of having Judy and Arno closer. I praise you, my King that this is even a remote possibility. But Lord I leave it all in your capable hands.

I Love you Jesus. You are my God. My Savior. My Deliverer. I give this day to You. And I pray these things in Your Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: