Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Interceding Prayers

This Blog covers a lot of topics. But the one constant is prayer. I pray as I receive prayer requests and I pray as the spirit leads me. I just discovered last night that a dear friend observed the one year anniversary of the passing of his mother yesterday. Today I want to lift he and his family up.

His name is A.O. and I have known him for going on 18 years now. He is a retired tennis coach. He mentored me when I was just getting into coaching. He has always been an inspiration, and a great supporter of mine. I knew his mom, too. She was a sweet lady.

I believe that God places certain people in the paths of our lives. I call them Divine Appointments. A.O. and I crossing paths is certainly a Divine Appointment. Honestly, I wouldn't be the kind of person I am today if I had not met A.O.

Arthur and his mom were close. Really, the entire family was close. Everyone called her 'Grammy' because she was the grandmother. I even called her Grammy. I remember that she had very twinkling eyes.

Of course, my own mom passed away back in early 2001. I remember how painful it was for me emotionally that first year. And certainly it's still difficult, but nothing at all like that first year. When A.O.'s son reminded me of the anniversary of Grammy's death my heart immediately went out to them.

Dear Heavenly Father,

God, You are an awesome God...! Thank You for awesome friends like A.O. and his family. And Father thank You for the gift of eternal life. We all miss Grammy, but we know will see her again one day in the future. Father I thank you for A.O. And I lift him up as surely he is still mourning the loss of his mom.

But Lord you are the Great Comforter and I can honestly say that the pain of loss does diminish as the years go by. You have comforted me on more than one occasion. Thank you Jesus for being so faithful to Your people.

I thank You for my life. I thank you for my precious family, Lord. And again I thank you for great friends like A.O.

Father God, You know my on-going special requests. I pray dear Lord that our house in Houston is sold and I pray for the buyer Lord. I know that house is just perfect for someone or some family.

Lord I lift up the health of my family. Monica is exhausted from lack of sleep and Elijah is coming down with something. And of course, I give my knee condition to You. Father, in Your Name we are holding it together. Father thank You that Connor is healthy. I lift him up as he plays in his first junior high football game of his eighth grade season today. Keep him safe and grant him a good game played to the best of his ability.

Finally dear Lord I lift up the new owners of my tennis club. Bless them Lord, and all their endeavors.

Lord Jesus I love You and give this day to You. And I pray these things in Your holy and precious name, Amen.

No comments: