Sunday, September 10, 2006

Tomorrow's the day...

Sigh... Tomorrow is the anniversary of the Trade Center bombings. And we are reminded that in this day and age anything could happen to us at any time. I always think back to that morning how everyone got up and went about their business as normal. None of the victims had any idea the horror they were about to face later that day. And our lives will never be the same again.

For us, living in the aftermath we are changed forever. Although we'd like to think that we live in relative safety here in the United States, the fact is that there are enemies all around us whose sole purpose is to kill us. They live to take America down! Who knows where the next big tragedy will strike...? We have to be closer to the end times than ever before.

Yes, We must continue to go about our lives, but we must also live in constant expectancy of meeting our Lord and Savior.

Are YOU ready to meet Jesus...?


Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you God for being God. You are an Awesome God and we rest well knowing that you are in control of our lives and destiny. Father God, on the eve of the anniversary of the tragic event that occurred 5 years ago I just lift up the families of the victims. Father I lift up our leaders who are doing everything they can to make America safe.

Lord I pray for church services all around the world today, especially West Columbia First Baptist. Father lift up our praise team this morning, and bless Pastor Dave's sermon.

Father God, I pray a special blessing on Monica who did not sleep well last night, and I pray for my stepson Connor that he has a good day, Lord. Of course, I thank You for my precious little baby Elijah. He's my special Joy...!

And Father, Praise You again for the blessing of my work situation...! You truly are a God that listens to and answers prayer...! Lord Jesus I continue to lift up the new owners of my tennis club. Bless them and grant them all the best success in their work and vision for this community we live in.

Lord, please help us sell our house in Houston...! I know You must be at work behind the scenes right now preparing the circumstances of the family or individual who is going to purchase it. We don't know who that is but you do Lord. I lift them up to you, Jesus. Bless them, and help us to have patience in this matter.

Lord, if it's just a matter of trust, we DO trust You, Lord. You have solved problems and dilemmas for us time and time again. You are a faithful God. We rest in You, Father.

Jesus, I love you. I thank You and praise You for another day to serve You. I pray all these things in the power of Your Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: