Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Having Surgery Today... Could Use Your Prayers

Today is the day of my surgery. I am so ready for this procedure. My knee has been in constant pain for a couple of weeks now. I'm looking forward to getting it fixed so I can be healthy again and start exercising more and I can finally get back into a healthier shape...!

This past month has been difficult. Coupled with my knee condition, I've been dealing with some 'family' issues regarding my brothers and sister which has been particularly draining.

We've also been dealing with a few financial issues due to some unforeseen expenses like repairing Monica's computer and some unexpected medical costs. Not being able to work my full schedule due my knee condition hasn't helped finances. There's even been some degree of stress at church lately. And of course, we've all been taking turns getting sick every few weeks...

Satan has not missed this opportunity to try to discourage and distract me during this time of trial. But thankfully I have a brave, strong wife who has been covering me in prayer constantly. And I have a God who loves me perfectly and will not let me fall. Please join me in prayer today that my surgery goes well and is completely successful. Pray for my Doctor, Dr Stephen DeYoung and his staff. Pray for my wife and baby Elijah who will be hanging out in Sugarland all day today while I have this procedure performed.

Divine Master, My Lord and King, My Sweet Heavenly Father,

Lord I stand strong in You today. Hold me up. Lift me up. Guard and protect me from the storms that rage around me. Shield and shelter my family too, Lord.

Father God, I totally, humbly surrender to You this morning. Let there be not an ounce of pride within me. Strip away everything in my life that is unpleasing to You. It is my one desire to honor You in everything I do, say, and even think. Holding my thoughts captive is the most difficult thing to do, Father. Oh how I am plagued by negative thoughts at times. Help me with that, dear Jesus.

But Lord I give all these difficulties, all these problems, all these concerns... I give them all to You and lay them at your feet.

I love You Jesus. You are my God. Thank You Father for my blessings. Thank you for my life. I pray this morning as I do every morning and at all times in the power of Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: