Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Prayer for Today

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I surrender this day to You. I know if I keep running around trying to get things accomplished under my own power then very little will get done. I awakened early this morning just to make sure I got to spend a little extra time with you, and to start my day off getting centered and focused on what is really important: My personal relationship with You, my King.

Father God, I Love You. You are number one in my life. I wouldn't have anything if it weren't for Your tremendous generosity. Thank You Lord, Thank You Jesus...!

Lord God You know about the big burden I'm shouldering right now. (You know all things, my King.) Father, I just give that burden to You. There are obviously demonic forces at work here and I need You and I stand in Your protection.

I will not be discouraged. You are my rock and my fortress. You are my strong tower and my shelter. I run to You, I cling to You, Lord. No weapon formed against me shall prosper as long as I stand strong in You, Lord.

Lord this morning I pray blessings on my family. Bless my sweet wife, baby, and stepson. Guard them and protect them today. I lift them up to you Oh King of Kings.

Lord I pray blessings on my Brothers Stan and John, and my sister Becky. Bless them and their families. I pray especially that they would know the peace and joy of a personal relationship with You.

Lord I pray also for Monica's parents as they are preparing to drive cross country to visit us for Your birthday. I lift them up to You, Lord.

Of course Lord I lift up the pastoral staff at First Baptist Church West Columbia. I lift up the choir, praise and drama teams, and everyone behind the scenes of our Christmas musical. I pray that our production will honor You in every way, Jesus and bring glory to Your kingdom by winning some souls this weekend.

Lord, there are so many other situations and people I could pray for this morning. There are too many to list this morning in the time I have but Lord You know my intentions and my heart. I pray blessings upon all the unspoken requests.

Lord I claim victory in You this morning. I praise Your name, Jehovah...! And it is in the power of Your sweet, sweet name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

mpstuckey said...

Coach Sam,
You are an awesome prayer warrior! Thank you for the words of victory.....We are honored that we are on the same "team".
Mark and Pam