Saturday, March 10, 2007

Thanks And Praise

God has been Good. I have been blessed with a great turnout for my tennis camp this next week and things are starting to look up for this tournament I'm organizing over the following weekend, too.

All I can do is give God the Glory for it all. It's nothing that I personally have done. It's just HIM working through me. God is definitely taking care of me and sustaining my family and I.

Sometimes odds and situations seem overwhelming and insurmountable and I must admit that I get discouraged. But Hallelujah, God is bigger than any problem I'll ever have...!

You know, I guess I'm still learning to trust God. I should already be there, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm not. -Even after ALL He's done for me... I know my faith is not where it should be because I'm still facing times when I say:

'...Wow, what a terrible situation, what am I going to do...?',

when what I need to be saying is:

'...Wow, it sure is going to be neat to see how God works things out this time...'

Ahhh, God is Good... Thank you, Lord. Thank You for being patient with me. (I'm a mess at times...)

I remember when I used to be in a routine of just setting aside one day a week devoted solely to thanking and praising God for His blessings. I've slipped out of that habit and I'm going to try to get back in the routine again.

My thoughts on that were that my conversations with God were too 'one way'. I was doing all the talking basically asking for favors and 'other stuff...' So, I wanted to have at least one day that I devoted solely to praise and worship. I picked Friday because of the term 'Thank God It's Friday...'

I know today's Saturday. But hey, EVERY day is a good day to praise the Lord...! Amen...?

That's right. And You know the Holy Spirit is hard at work behind the scenes when a negative situation does get turned for 'good'. I've seen it happen time and time again.

So, THANK YOU, JESUS...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I am so sorry that I allow doubt and worry to creep in to my thinking at times. I know that after someone claims You as their personal Lord and Savior on one hand, but then doesn't trust You enough to provide for every situation on the other hand, it's got to be particularly frustrating and annoying to YOU.

Not to mention that it probably offends You.

Lord I would never want to offend You. Today I'm not asking for anything. I just want to Thank You for the Blessing of my sweet wife and loving family. They are just that, a Blessing. And Father thank You for blessing me financially. I know that You will always provide. You are Jehovah Jirah, the Great Provider...

Thank you Lord for great partners in tennis like my new pros, Tony and David. I have never had such a capable and helpful tennis staff working with me like those two gentlemen. Thank You Lord for Coach Michelle West, a wonderful Coach who obviously loves You as it is clearly evident in her attitude, work ethic, and interaction with both children and adults.

Father God, I appreciate the improved rapport with Coach Langner. I want to lift Houston and his family up to You. It's not easy raising four children in this day and age and I know that between teaching, coaching, and raising kids that he's got to be stretched thin at times.

Lord, I'm also very grateful for Ken and James and all they've done to help promote tennis in this area. So many factors have just been coming together to make tennis a viable entity in this area. I know it's NOT the work of myself or any small group of men and women, but it's only by Your Grace and Mercy, Lord that things happen the way they do...

Lord You are God. I love You. And I give this day to You for Your Honor and Glory. I just want to Thank You and Praise You my King, and I pray these things in Jesus' Holy Name...

Amen.

1 comment:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Sam, I am so glad you have begun to write again. You are right. This prayer journal is an important part of your spiritual persona. Not only does it clarify your thinking but you are helping others engaged in spiritual battle. I look forward to reading your continued thoughts.