Thursday, March 15, 2007

Calling On Grace...

Today is like every other day I've had this past week... One Big Difference is that in spite of the fact that I am buried under an avalanche of things I need to get done in relatively little time, I am taking time to honor my Heavenly Father from whom I draw all my strength, courage, and motivation from.

I feel weak today. I feel small. I feel insignificant. I feel crushed under the weight of all i need to get done today.

But you know what...? As I awakened this morning. I prayed. And God reminded me of one of my favorite verses, (2 Corinthians 12:9) which says...

"My Grace is sufficient for You, My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will accept my weaknesses all the more so that Christ's power may rest on me."

God's Grace IS sufficient. God's Grace is PERFECT. Today I rest IN HIM. And to coin another one of my favorite scriptures:

"I Can do all things through HIM who strengthens me..."

Dear Heavenly Father,

God you are Good... You are Awesome... You are Mighty... You are my Dear, Sweet, Savior.

Father God, I can accomplish nothing apart from You. And this morning I need You more than I've ever needed You. I give this day to You, my King. I want to make this day an offering of worship. I want to give my every ounce of effort and determination today to You for your Kingdom Glory.

Lord I am so blessed. And I recognize that all good things come from You. I've not done done anything on my own under my own strength. And that's why I have no strength. You are showing me just how weak I am so I will know that it's not me. (Believe me, I do).

But Father I want to hold You to the promise to make me perfect in weakness. As I draw close to you I want to wrap Your Grace around me like a warm, comfortable blanket.

Thank You Lord for Grace.

And Lord I learned of a terrible tragedy last night. I learned that one of my former tennis students died recently. I know his daddy very well and my heart is greatly saddened at this news. I don't know any of the details but am thinking of the family of Tyler Farrer today and lifting them up in prayer. And not only Tyler's family, but his friends everyone in his sphere of influence.

Lord I remember Tyler as a young man full of life and potential. His passing reminds us that we are truly just a vapor here in this world. We are not here for very long at all and we do not know our appointed hour so we should live every moment like it could be our last.

I love You Lord. And I give my life up for You. Help me to live every moment for You. Let my every breath be used to exhort Your Holy Name.

And I pray these things in the power of the blood that was shed for me by You, Hosannah.

Amen.

No comments: