Thursday, April 19, 2007

Brevity

Brevity is the ability to say much with few words. -I'm working on that. -The art of being 'Brief'. I don't think God likes long prayers that 'sound' good. He wants us to be authentic. He wants true sentiment. He wants feelings from the heart.

I've got way too much 'stuff' going on today. Too many responsibilities to fulfill. But the most important responsibility I have is to take care of my family. And I will remain focused on that singleness of purpose.

Elijah has been very ill the past two days. Now Monica is very ill. -I'm hanging on by a thread... Today I'm just going to try to honor God by being in the moment and giving my 'all' for His Glory. -My Utmost for His Highest...!

To be succinct, no matter what happens or how much adversity I face today, I'm going to honor my Lord and Savior.

Dear Father God,

Lord I cry out to You this morning: Heal my Family. There's nothing worse than seeing a loved one suffer. Father God I pray for Your Divine healing. Bless Monica and Elijah with Your gentle touch, My King. And Lord I pray that you guard mine and Connor's health. Bless us to stay well and be able to care and minister to those who are sick.

Lord, there's so much on my heart. But You know Me, Lord. You know my thoughts and feelings. You know my heart. Lord while my main concern is caring for those whom You have entrusted me, I can't help but weep for the families of the victims of the Virginia Tech tragedy.

I don't know what to think about that. It's a sad state of affairs and another sign of the times that this world is spiraling out of control.

What this world needs is a savior. What this world needs is YOU.

I love you You Lord Jesus. And I pray these things in Your precious holy name, Amen.

No comments: