Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Missed a few days...

Wow, my last post was on the nineteenth... I suppose I've been busier than I thought. Well, what else is new...?

Right now I'm engaged in a race against time with several time sensitive deadlines. Sigh... But for the next hour I'm retreating to my 'quiet place' for a little 'one on one' with my LORD and Savior.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You have proven Yourself time and time again to generation after generation. So why does it seem that our world right now resembles a modern day Babylon...? Why is Islam the world's fastest growing religion...? Why do non believers so far out weigh Believers?

I think one reason is that many so called 'Believers' (myself included) are not doing what they ought to be doing: Living a life that looks different from the world. We are called to be holy. -A Royal Priesthood. Separate and set apart.

My life does not resemble that of a Royal Priest. My life is a rat race just like the non-believers all around me. So how can a make a difference?

Lord, You know my intentions, and You know my heart. But many times I loose my focus and get caught up in busyness that just doesn't make that big a difference to the Kingdom. The busyness and constant distraction of the world is so draining.

It's only when I retreat to this quiet place where I am right now that I can stop, think, and rest. I can re-evaluate things. I can re-charge my batteries. And on days like today with the demands of the world crashing down on me it seems like I don't have time to spend an hour in solitude. But I know that I can't afford not to...!

Lord I love You. Today I give my life to You.(again) Help me to straighten up. Help me to re prioritize my life. Help me to the leader that You have called me to be. Lord I need to be a more effective minister to my wife and family. Father I know I can do nothing under my own power.

That's my big problem. I keep trying it all myself. I am nothing apart from you...! I'm pressing in to You, Lord. Hold me close.

And Lord, this morning I especially lift up my dear friend in Christ, Bruce. Brother Bruce shares my sentiment, Lord. Thank You for his witness and encouragement. Bless Bruce and his sweet family Lord. They are standing strong in You.

Father God, I pray these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: